Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guest size soap mold

I was excited to unmold my soap today. Yesterday I made a unscented soap with olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil and castor oil for a super fat. I used the crock pot method. I like using this method it evaporates the lye so that the soap is usable the next day. I used the guest bar size soap mold I purchased from Bramble berry. I did a video when I opened the box . This is the link to view it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRmab5Z7sMU

I like the 3 sides of the soap that formed from the mold. I do not like the exposed side. Simply because of the nature of the hot process method the soap was lumpy.

The texture was firm and comfortable. The soap had a great lather and left my hands feeling moisturized. I also find the size perfect for samples.

I will definitely used this guest size soap mold again. The next time I will do the cold process method to get a completely smooth bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment